- RSS Channel Showcase 2652716
- RSS Channel Showcase 5996993
- RSS Channel Showcase 3926589
- RSS Channel Showcase 4295027
Articles on this Page
- 11/09/14--19:30: _Miss Ukraine Univer...
- 11/11/14--12:37: _Puerto Rico wins Mi...
- 11/15/14--17:54: _Getting To Know Per...
- 11/17/14--17:33: _Miss Honduras 2014 ...
- 11/18/14--19:10: _Miss Colombia 2014
- 11/19/14--06:20: _Miss Honduras 2014 ...
- 11/25/14--17:54: _Critical Sixteenth ...
- 10/10/14--04:22: _Miss Universe Puert...
- 12/04/14--18:26: _Philippines wins Mi...
- 12/04/14--18:49: _Thailand wins Miss ...
- 12/05/14--18:31: _India wins Miss Sup...
- 12/08/14--17:36: _Miss France 2015
- 12/08/14--18:20: _Critical Beauty pre...
- 12/11/14--19:52: _Ex-Miss Indiana Ter...
- 12/13/14--23:21: _Where to watch Miss...
- 12/14/14--20:00: _South Africa crowne...
- 12/16/14--20:15: _Fraud alert: Miss U...
- 12/24/14--04:36: _Merry Christmas to ...
- 12/26/14--03:39: _Miss Angola 2015
- 12/31/14--05:06: _Happy New Year 2015...
- 11/11/14--12:37: Puerto Rico wins Miss International 2014
- 11/15/14--17:54: Getting To Know Pernille Sørensen - Miss World Denmark 2014
- 11/18/14--19:10: Miss Colombia 2014
- 11/19/14--06:20: Miss Honduras 2014 Maria Jose Alvarado and sister found dead
- 10/10/14--04:22: Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2015
- 12/04/14--18:26: Philippines wins Miss Earth 2014
- 12/04/14--18:49: Thailand wins Miss Intercontinental 2014
- 12/05/14--18:31: India wins Miss Supranational 2014
- 12/08/14--17:36: Miss France 2015
- 12/11/14--19:52: Ex-Miss Indiana Terrin Thomas arrested on alcohol-related charges
- 12/13/14--23:21: Where to watch Miss World 2014
- 12/14/14--20:00: South Africa crowned Miss World 2014
- 12/16/14--20:15: Fraud alert: Miss Universal Peace and Humanity Organization
- 12/24/14--04:36: Merry Christmas to all Critical Beauty readers!
- 12/26/14--03:39: Miss Angola 2015
- 12/31/14--05:06: Happy New Year 2015 to our Critical Beauty readers!
In a press conference yesterday. the Miss Ukraine Universe Organization announced that the current Miss Universe Ukraine 2014, Anna Andres (above), has stepped down from her title as Miss Ukraine Universe 2014 due to school obligations. Her 1st runner-up, Diana Garkusha from Kharkov has been promoted to Miss Ukraine Universe 2014 and will representing the Ukraine at Miss Universe 2014-2015 in Doral, Florida on January 25, 2015.
Watch the video from the press conference:
Andres is the second Miss Universe 2014 contestant to have stepped down from her position. Just last week, Miss Universe China 2014 Nora Xu was replaced by her 1st runner-up, Karen Hu, citing school obligations as well.
|Diana Garkusha is the new Miss Ukraine Universe 2014|
|Hernandez was officially crowned by Miss International 2013 winner Bea Santiago of the Philippines.|
When time allows it she loves to express herself creatively through drawing, painting and photography. Furthermore she has a passion for beauty and loves experimenting with makeup, as well as reading about the latest beauty products.
To travel is also one of Pernille’s great passions. She thinks it is so inspiring to experience new places and she is very open-minded in the meeting with new people and different cultures.
I am also veryhappy when Icanmakemy closest ones happy. I am easilyinfluenced byothers' moodsandtherefore it is importantto metohelpspreadgood energy andgive peoplea smilealong the way. I am in general verygenerouswith complimentsand I amgood at tellingothers whenthey do agood job.
I love meeting up with old and new friends and just talk about everything - great and small. Combining this with a delicious food and maybe watching a movie in the theater afterwards, this may be the perfect evening for me.
At the moment I do not see myself having any cosmetic surgery in the future, but I am not dismissive about it.
On the other hand I think that the social media is a great way of spreading inspiring posts and stimulate young teens to build up their self-esteem and be kind and helpful human beings.
I hope that we in the future willbe moreenvironmentally consciousthrough green energy for example, so we can reduce carbon emissions that contribute to global warming. So many beautifulplaces in the worldwill not existin just50 yearsifwe continue tomistreatour earthas we do now.
I also hopethat we in the futurewill be able toreduce or eliminatefamine andextreme poverty in the world.
It will also bea great honor formeto be arole model to others and it willmean a lot tomeif I couldinspire others tomake a difference forpeople in needofhelp.
I am ayoung woman whois alwayslooking for new waysto challengemyself, as I believethat it isimportant toconstantly evolveas a person, and by doing this, I hope I can inspire others to follow their dreams and always seize the opportunities they get in life!
Tegucigalpa, Honduras (CNN) -- A Honduran beauty queen has disappeared days before the start of the Miss World pageant. Investigators are searching for Miss Honduras World María José Alvarado Muñoz (above) and her sister, who went missing on Thursday, police in the Central American country said Sunday. Family members reported their disappearance on Saturday, police said.
Eduardo Zablah, director of the pageant in Honduras, told CNN affiliate Televicentro that the sisters were last seen getting into a vehicle after attending a party last week.
Contestants from more than 120 countries are scheduled to start arriving in London this week for early rounds of the Miss World pageant. They'll face off in a final round on December 14.
Alvarado, a 19-year-old student from Santa Bárbara, Honduras, describes herself as an aspiring diplomat who enjoys playing volleyball and soccer in her spare time, according to a profile of her on the pageant's website.
She beat 18 contestants to win the Miss World Honduras crown in April.
Journalist Elvin Sandoval reported from Tegucigalpa. CNN's Catherine E. Shoichet reported from AtlantaSource: CNN, 11/17/2014
Maria Jose Alvarado, 19, and her sister Sofia Trinidad, 23, had not been seen since 13 November, said beauty pageant organiser Eduardo Zablah.
|Photo credit: World Beauty Organization|
|Credit: LAURENTVU/SIPA/1412081041 - SIPA|
|PHOTOGRAPHY BY JONAS YU|
|PHOTOGRAPHY BY ANDY ANG|
|Left: Mug shot of Terrin Thomas (Photo credit: Bloomington Police Department). Right: Terrin Thomas as Miss Indiana 2013 (Photo credit: The Miss America Organization)|
The finals of the 2014 Miss World pageant will be shown live on TV all over the world. The show starts at 2:00 PM, Sunday, London time on December 14.
If there is no live telecast in your country, you can watch the live stream on the official Miss World channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc68e8lhc1uFH5ht5DQsr8A
Here's a list of broadcasters that will show the live telecast: http://www.missworld.com/TheCompetition/Contest/TheGrandFinal/
|Photo credit: Miss World Organization|
|Photo credit: Niel Jorgensen/Rex USA|
|Rolene is crowned by her predecessor Megan Young of the Philippines|
Miss World 1994 Aishwarya Rai expresses her gratitude to MWO Chairman Julia Morley (right) during a tribute to her 20th coronation anniversary.|
Congratulations to Rolene Strauss and to the people of South Africa for winning the blue crown!
#PageantScams #PageantScandals #StupidPeople #DumbAsses #FoolsForTheCrown
Someone had alerted me to the a new pageant called Miss Universal Peace and Humanity, run by an organization of the same name (MUPHO). The debut was supposed to have taken place in Lebanon last Wednesday, December 10, 2014 and a representative from India, Ruhi Singh (below) was supposedly crowned as the first winner, along with two runners-up from Australia (Rebecca Boggiano) and Palestine (Sofia Alkhadra). On her Facebook page, pageant director Asra Shahid posted on November 25 that the pageant would be held in Lebanon ("10TH DECEMBER 2014 WE ARE GOING TO LEBANON"). She even posted photos of the official winner's sash and profiles of several contestants. However, there are no photos or video clips from the coronation; eventually, it was discovered that Singh was handpicked as the winner during a press conference held on December 10. Incidentally, Singh and the delegates from Australia and Palestine were the only contestants present at the said event and that the pageant had been previously cancelled three times.
|PHOTO FROM RUHI SINGH'S FACEBOOK PAGE|
|CLICK TO ENLARGE|
|Asra Shahid (Photo from the Facebook page of MUPHO)|