- RSS Channel Showcase 2449472
- RSS Channel Showcase 7257613
- RSS Channel Showcase 2727323
- RSS Channel Showcase 1461349
Articles on this Page
- 05/31/15--15:08: _Miss Philippines Ea...
- 06/03/15--04:27: _Miss Israel 2015
- 06/03/15--19:36: _Miss Peru Universe ...
- 06/05/15--20:59: _Bosnian refugee cro...
- 06/07/15--07:01: _Miss Earth Switzerl...
- 06/07/15--08:15: _Miss Universe Hunga...
- 06/07/15--08:27: _Miss Côte d’Ivoire ...
- 06/14/15--07:05: _Miss Curacao 2015
- 06/14/15--19:39: _Miss World Italy 2015
- 06/20/15--17:47: _Miss Tahiti 2015 / ...
- 06/22/15--18:18: _Miss Universe 2015:...
- 06/26/15--04:24: _Univision dumps Tru...
- 06/26/15--04:29: _ Donald Trump fires...
- 06/28/15--09:48: _Miss Universe Great...
- 06/28/15--20:00: _Miss World Brazil 2...
- 06/29/15--18:08: _Miss World Brazil 2...
- 06/30/15--04:19: _NBC dumps Trump; bo...
- 06/30/15--19:34: _Trump: NBC, Univisi...
- 07/02/15--15:56: _Reelz Channel comes...
- 07/02/15--16:20: _Miss Universe 2014 ...
- 05/31/15--15:08: Miss Philippines Earth 2015
- 06/03/15--04:27: Miss Israel 2015
- 06/03/15--19:36: Miss Peru Universe 2015
- 06/05/15--20:59: Bosnian refugee crowned Miss Universe Australia 2015
- 06/07/15--07:01: Miss Earth Switzerland 2015
- 06/07/15--08:15: Miss Universe Hungary 2015
- 06/07/15--08:27: Miss Côte d’Ivoire 2015
- 06/14/15--07:05: Miss Curacao 2015
- 06/14/15--19:39: Miss World Italy 2015
- 06/20/15--17:47: Miss Tahiti 2015 / Miss World France 2015
- 06/28/15--09:48: Miss Universe Great Britain 2015
- 06/28/15--20:00: Miss World Brazil 2015 and Mister Brazil 2015
- 06/29/15--18:08: Miss World Brazil 2015 dethroned and replaced
- 06/30/15--04:19: NBC dumps Trump; bows to Mexican pressure
- 06/30/15--19:34: Trump: NBC, Univision abandoned '51 wonderful girls'
- 07/02/15--15:56: Reelz Channel comes to the rescue of Miss USA 2015
A Bosnian refugee whose parents arrived in Australia with little more than "the shirts on their backs" has been crowned Miss Universe Australia.
Monika Radulovic, from NSW, and her parents fled their wartorn homeland when she was four.
"My parents basically had their shirts on their backs, so they are definitely my inspirations and my heroes so it's great to do them proud," the 24-year-old said at the ceremony in Melbourne.
The psychology graduate beat 34 others to the title on Friday night at the fifth annual Miss Universe Australia pageant and will next represent Australia at the Miss Universe international final early next year.
"It's been an amazing journey," she said. "I don't know what I'm thinking, I just know that I'm so excited."
Women in the pageant were scrutinised across three categories, swimwear, eveningwear and questions and answers.
Questions in the final round of the competition centred on social issues, including bullying, social media and governmental responses to violence. "I hope in 50 years time we won't be asking this question at Miss Universe Australia," Miss Radulovic said in her response to a question about extremism posed by a judging panel that included Sydney neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo, Real Housewives Of Melbourne cast member Gina Liano, former Today show entertainment reporter Richard Reid and Miss Universe director Deborah Miller.
Runner-up was Queenslander Madeleine Cowe, 22, and Chanel Stewart, 19, also from NSW, was placed third.
Miss Radulovic, who joins former winners Jennifer Hawkins, Laura Dundovic and Jesinta Campbell, said she intends to claim the world title for Australia.
"It's been a while since we won Miss Universe, and I plan to hopefully win."
Source: SMH.com.au, June 6, 2015
|Greta Galassi with Claudia Russo (left) and Sarah Baderna, Miss World Italy 2008 and 2012 respectively.|
Lupita Jones is not happy with the comments Donald Trump made about Mexicans, and it is because of this that the pageant director is considering removing Mexico from the Miss Universe competition.
|(Foto: Leonardo Rodrigues/MMB)|
|(Foto: Leonardo Rodrigues/MMB)|
|ANA LUISA & HER BELGIAN HUSBAND TANGUY / Foto: Reprodução|
|Donald Trump with Miss USA 2013 Erin Brady (Associated Press)|
NBC Universal – under pressured from Hispanic groups – is cutting ties with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Donald Trump says Univision and NBC "abandoned" the 51 women vying for the Miss USA crown by canceling the upcoming pageant telecast.
Organizers of the annual event, half-owned by Trump and scheduled for July 12, are arranging for a live-stream of the pageant now that the two networks have backed out of airing it.
Univision and NBC did so, they said, because of the offensive nature of Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants. The broadcasters were facing sustained protests from Hispanic leadership groups.
Trump, however, didn't mention the Hispanic community's outcry during an event for his presidential campaign in New Hampshire on Tuesday evening. Instead he focused on the "51 wonderful girls" who were affected by the cancellation.
"What NBC and Univision did to these young women was disgraceful," Trump said.
Trump said he'd be traveling to Louisiana next week to attend the pageant.
The controversy over Trump's depictions of some immigrants as "rapists" and "drug-dealers" came to a head last week when Univision canceled its plans to air Miss USA and all future events produced by the Miss Universe Organization.
Trump owns half of the organization that oversees both the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants. NBCUniversal owns the other half.
NBC followed Univision on Monday and said it would not air Miss USA, either.
On Tuesday afternoon Trump said he was filing a $500 million lawsuit against Univision. He did not mention a potential suit against NBC.
Trump with Miss USA 2013 Erin Brady|
Earlier on Tuesday, the organizers of Miss USA vowed to move forward with the event, despite NBC's decision to pull it from the schedule.
"We are disheartened by recent events but the show will go on," the Miss Universe organization said in a statement Tuesday morning. "We are moving forward, full-steam ahead as planned for the next two weeks, culminating in the crowning of a new Miss USA on July 12."
But the event faced another setback in the afternoon when professional dancer Cheryl Burke said she'd no longer serve as co-host of the pageant. A short while later, a spokesman for NBC confirmed that the other co-host, MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts, had also withdrawn from hosting duties.
|Cheryl Burke, Thomas Roberts and Miss USA 2014 Nia Sanchez attend the 2015 NBC New York Summer Press Day on June 24, 2015 in New York City|
|Miss Kansas Alexis Railsback says the Miss USA pageant is suffering because of Trump|
|DONALD TRUMP / Getty Images|
|PAULINA VEGA (Miss Universe Organization) DONALD TRUMP (Getty Images)|