- RSS Channel Showcase 9761396
- RSS Channel Showcase 7248666
- RSS Channel Showcase 6315675
- RSS Channel Showcase 1806645
Articles on this Page
- 08/31/18--16:17: _India's Representat...
- 09/08/18--23:08: _Remembering Chelsi ...
- 09/10/18--03:39: _Miss America 2019 I...
- 09/11/18--18:52: _Miss America Rating...
- 09/22/18--16:15: _Miss Universe Puert...
- 09/28/18--15:25: _Newly Crowned Miss ...
- 10/02/18--19:36: _Miss Colombia 2018
- 10/04/18--17:31: _Miss Asia Pacific I...
- 10/07/18--12:47: _Miss World Philippi...
- 10/09/18--03:26: _Miss America Leader...
- 10/20/18--19:32: _Miss Earth Lebanon ...
- 10/21/18--13:20: _Miss Globe 2018
- 10/25/18--19:43: _Paraguay Wins Miss ...
- 11/03/18--12:57: _Vietnam Wins Miss E...
- 11/04/18--20:42: _Venezuela Wins Rein...
- 11/08/18--15:25: _Miss Earth 2018 Can...
- 11/09/18--06:01: _Venezuela Wins Its ...
- 11/25/18--21:02: _Miss Universe Spain...
- 12/02/18--15:51: _Spain Wins Manhunt ...
- 12/02/18--16:12: _Designer of Miss Un...
- 08/31/18--16:17: India's Representative To Miss Universe 2018 Crowned
- 09/08/18--23:08: Remembering Chelsi Smith - Miss Universe 1995
- 09/10/18--03:39: Miss America 2019 Is Miss New York
- 09/11/18--18:52: Miss America Ratings Fall After Ceremony Drops Swimsuit Competition
- 09/22/18--16:15: Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2018
- 09/28/18--15:25: Newly Crowned Miss Ukraine Dethroned For Being A Divorced Mother
- 10/02/18--19:36: Miss Colombia 2018
- 10/04/18--17:31: Miss Asia Pacific International 2018
- 10/07/18--12:47: Miss World Philippines 2018
- 10/09/18--03:26: Miss America Leaders Strike Back At Rebel States
- 10/20/18--19:32: Miss Earth Lebanon 2018 Dethroned Over Photo With Miss Israel
- 10/21/18--13:20: Miss Globe 2018
- 10/25/18--19:43: Paraguay Wins Miss Grand International 2018
- 11/03/18--12:57: Vietnam Wins Miss Earth 2018
- 11/04/18--20:42: Venezuela Wins Reina Hispanoamericana 2018
- 11/08/18--15:25: Miss Earth 2018 Candidates Allege Sexual Harassment
- 11/09/18--06:01: Venezuela Wins Its 8th Miss International Crown
- 12/02/18--15:51: Spain Wins Manhunt International 2018
The 6th edition of Miss Diva 2018 took place on August 31 at NSCI Club, Mumbai. The beauty pageant witnessed 19 contestants competing for the competition. And Nehal Chudasama from Mumbai was crowned Miss Diva 2018. The 21-year-old will now represent India at the 67th Miss Universe pageant to be held in Bangkok, Thailand on December 16, 2018. Shraddha Shashidhar, Miss Universe India 2017 crowned Nehal as her successor. Aditi Hundia is declared first runner-up and will represent India at Miss Supranational 2018 and Roshni Sheoran was the second runner-up. They beat Hannah Reji Koshy and Lavina Israni in the top-five finalists.
Nehal is 21 years old from Mumbai. She is a freelance fitness consultant, anchor and a model. She is currently studying to become IPS officer. Her life goal is to become Miss Universe. Her favourite food is Biryani. Her favourite feature is her body. Miss Universe India 2017, Shraddha Shashidhar crowned Nehal as her successor.
Source: Latestly.com, 8/31/2018
THE PAGEANT WORLD is mourning the loss of one of the most beloved beauty queens of all time, CHELSI SMITH, Miss Universe 1995. According to information posted on Facebook on September 8, 2018 by her mother, Mary D. Trimble, Chelsi had been suffering from a long illness (reportedly liver cancer).
Shanna Moakler, who became Miss USA 1995 after Chelsi was crowned Miss Universe 1995, posted a touching tribute to the beloved beauty queen:
I was totally shocked upon hearing her untimely passing. Her positive, witty, and humorous postings on her Facebook page hardly reflected the condition of a woman - who was still in her prime at 45 - suffering from a fatal disease. Like many of her fans who anxiously waited for her next Facebook post, I started wondering why she had stopped posting since mid-July. It was so uncharacteristic of her.
Chelsi friended me on Facebook on February 10, 2014. At first, I hesitated accepting her friend request because I was not sure whether I was dealing with an impostor or the real deal. I sent her a private message asking if she was the real Chelsi Smith and she quickly shot with "Haha! It's me sweets "I knew there and then that it was the real thing! I had always wanted to be friends with Chelsi - if not in real life, at least online. Chelsi was actually the first Miss Universe to have befriended me - and I was so thrilled that I would finally get to know her. She even started following Critical Beauty on Twitter. And I added her as a member to the Critical Beauty group on Facebook where she posted regularly.
There is a reason Chelsi had won Miss Congeniality twice - at Miss USA and at Miss Universe: she was the epitome of warmth, ebullience, and pure unconditional love. She loved everyone - even some of her harshest critics like myself. I remember "fighting" with her over the issue of ideal weight for winning Miss Universe. We also debated gun control. In her rebuttals, she was neither confrontational nor egotistical. On the contrary, she always remained calm and gracious. And she would always end with a "love you!" or "hugs."
Then one day, she posted a YouTube link to a sizzle reel for a reality show which never materialized. The title of the reel is "The Reconstruction of former Miss Universe Chelsi Smith (Years 2009-2010)." The title swiftly piqued my interest: what is there to reconstruct about Chelsi Smith? She was Miss Universe, for Pete's sake! She had everything - beauty, talent, fame, and adoring fans. But something was missing: post-pageant luck. At 28, a failed marriage led to an ugly divorce. She gained 70 pounds. Her singing career never really took off. Her acting career was limited to insignificant bit parts. The face that could launch a thousand ships was essentially ignored by beauty-oriented magazines, even by the Miss Universe Organization who never invited her to judge. She became depressed, as past childhood issues returned to haunt her: bigotry due to her biracial identity, her father's schizophrenia, and a mother who abandoned her. Watch:
I wanted to think that she was doing okay, that she had gotten her groove back, that perhaps she had become too busy with new projects. I was missing her presence on social media. My news feed had been un-Chelsified.
Chelsi has reappeared on my news feed. But it is no longer she. It is her beautiful, warm, congenial soul speaking through her infinite number of friends, fans, and loved ones.
All of a sudden, the universe has gotten critically bigger, critically more beautiful, and critically much brighter.
Source: USA Today, 10/8/2018
Completing the top 15 were the delegates from Canada, Russia, Brazil, Vietnam, Myanmar, Estonia, France, Portugal, Philippines and Romania.
Source: Miss Globe
|Miss Earth-Canada Jaime Yvonne Vandenberg, Miss Earth-England Abbey-Anne Gyles-Brown, and Miss Earth-Guam Emma Mae Sheedy|
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, November 8) — Three candidates of Miss Earth 2018 bravely came forward to reveal their experiences of sexual harassment involving a sponsor during the international beauty pageant, which was recently concluded in the Philippines.
Allegations vs Miss Earth organizers
Being the Bigger Person
Source: Channel News Asia, Nov. 30, 2018